So you decided to run with the best of the best, and join the Elite Heat or just run competitively to push yourself in the competitive division:
We're excited to see you stepping up your Spartan game, however there are some things you need to know:
- You MUST arrive on time for your heat. If you show up late you will be disqualified from the heat.
- You also agree to get no outside help on obstacles, providing aid such as food or drink, or medical help outside of getting medical advice.
- You will be filmed at multiple obstacles for review for proper burpee completion.
- You have until the end of the race day to review the film (only in case of disputed situations).
- If you do not complete 30 proper burpees (as described at the start of the heat) you will be penalized 30 seconds per missed/incorrect burpee, up to 10, for a total of a 5 minute penalty.
- If you have more than 10 missed/incorrect burpees you will be disqualified.
- All timing concerns for the podium must be disputed no more than 1 hour prior to the award ceremony.
- It is up to you to count the burpees, it is not the job of the course monitors, volunteers etc.
Please Note: If you are disqualified, for any reason, you will not get a finish time and will not be able to be moved to the open heat. No refunds or credits to a future event will be given. Disqualified races will not count toward your trifecta, or point series ranking.